Sunday, 18 January 2015

St. Orberose: 3 Years




My novel-writing has kept me so aloof from earthy matters that I didn’t even notice that yesterday St. Orberose celebrated another anniversary. You read that correctly: for the past three years I have kept this blog busy with stuff about books.

In 2014 I increased the number of posts in relation to 2013; even so I missed by 3 posts my objective of reaching 100. I would no doubt have succeeded had my productivity, after six first great months, not decreased almost to a residual minimum of activity. I will try to remedy that in 2015.

Once more I owe much of my perseverance to the excellent book blogging community that I discovered and that continues to keep me enthralled and humbled by the intelligent, funny, passionate and generous bloggers. To them and to the people who sometimes stop by to comment, or who merely lurk around to read my shenanigans about books: thank you very much!

And don't forget: you can still select 10 books from my TBR pile for me to read in 2015.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats, Miguel! "Three more years, three more years!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It's an important milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic. You accomplished a lot in this space in 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Miguel!

    You and I began blogging around the same time.

    Your blog is one of the most intellectually stimulating places on the internet and I am glad that you are around.

    Here's to many more years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miguel - congratulations and thanks for such a stimulating three years! I can hardly believe it's only that long, as St. Orberose seems such a long-standing, prominent, indispensable fixture in the literary blogging world. May it long continue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you're writing a novel? Yeah, 3 years blogging is great, but that's exciting news! ;) I really wish you all the best with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your kind words!

    Pesahson, I'm trying to write a novel (and finishing it actually), and I'm not sure what it's going to be, but at least I'm having great fun with it.

    ReplyDelete