Saturday, 23 February 2013

Blog of the Year 2012 Award!




Once more I’m deeply indebted to Brian of Babbling Books for his generosity. Last year he bestowed upon me the notable Liebster Award. This year he has chosen to distinguish me with the illustrious Blog of the Year 2012 award! I’m at a loss for words to express my gratitude.

Those who accept this award have a few rules to abide by:

1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award



2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.



3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award at The Thought Palette and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)



4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them



5 You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience



6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…

After judicious deliberation, the recipients of the award are:

The Argumentative Old Git: Himadri runs a strongly-opinionated blog about literature and culture, and his commentary on the classics is always insightful and stimulating.

Beauty is a Sleeping Cat: Caroline’s blog is remarkable for its wide-ranging reviews of literature and for the many diverse literary events it hosts, encouraging readers to broaden their tastes.

Caravana de Recuerdos: Richard has a special interest in and enviable knowledge about Spanish-language literature, and he also has the courage to tackle those long classics most of us are terrified of reading.

In lieu of a field guide: This blog is worth the time of anyone wanting to read intelligent and well-argued commentaries about Filipino literature, Roberto Bolãno, and literature in general.

Seraillon: Provides reviews on a diverse range of works of fiction, always focusing on quality books.

The Sleepless Reader: Like me Alex is a Portuguese blogger who writes in English; she covers an eclectic mix of books: classics and contemporaries, poetry and non-fiction, always with friendly good disposition.

Wuthering Expectations: Tom’s blog remains an inspiration and benchmark for other bloggers, and is a constant source of intelligent and witty literary criticism about the classics.

Congratulations to all of you, and thank you for the many hours of joy you’ve given over the last year!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for the award, Miguel! It's quite an honor both to be selected by you and to be mentioned in such company given that I'm already a regular reader/fan of all the other blogs except Alex's (which is new to me, so thanks for drawing my attention to it). Not yet sure if I will pass the award on to other blogs, though, because I read a lot of worthwhile blogs and wouldn't want to leave one of them out. Hope that's OK with you. In any event, obrigado!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Miguel. Thrilled with the award. I decided not to pass it as I wanted for it to end with me. Kidding. Same reason as Richard's. I'll most likely give it to the same sites we both read and it will be a duplication. I also would want to single out this blog of yours for the same award but don't want to give the impression that we're shining each other's shoes. So I'll just humbly accept and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Miguel. This is really an honour.
    I might also not be able to pass it on as like Richard and Rise said, I'd be duplicating as well. But I'm very glad I received it. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations again Miguel! The blogs that I know here are indeed fantastic!

    I will be checking out the ones that I do not know. They look very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Richard, Rise, and Caroline: you don't have to feel pressured to give the awards to others. For my part I was glad to share my appreciation of your blogs with you :)

    Brian, thanks once more for this token.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, thanks a lot! Now I have a new goal: Best Blog of the 2010s.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had put up a comment here a few days ago, but it appears to have vanished somewhere into the ether! (Or maybe I clicked the wrong button or something…)

    Anyway, thank you very much for the very flattering mention. It’s just such a thrill even to know that one’s scribblings are being read! And incidentally – my wife burst out laughing when she read your description of my blog as “highly opinionated”: I think she recognized the truth in that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tom, my pleasure, you know how influential your blog has been to me.

    argumentativeoldgit, I'm glad that was cause of amusement :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miguel - I just now responded to the announcement you stealthily inserted on my last (now growing mold) blog post. I'm moved and abashed by your inclusion of my blog with these others of such great quality. Thank you, thank you. Blogging has been particularly challenging lately, but this is tremendous encouragement, and I'll do what I can to earn it.

    ReplyDelete